Sunday, April 29, 2007

Alison


I went on my first "real" bike ride. Steven and I got a babysitter and went as a date. I had never tried riding with clip in biker shoes, so I practiced before we left clipping my shoes in and out. We were out on a major highway and came to a red light. I decided to clip out my right foot, but unfortunately my bike tilted left. KERPLOP! Fortunately, the only real injury was to my ego. The next time we stopped, I had learned it was better to unclip the left foot, but this time my bike tilted right and nearly did a domino effect right into Steven's bike. I would have quickly jumped up (especially since several cars were stopped at the stop sign to witness it), but I was laying on my right foot and hence, could not turn it in order to get my shoe unclipped. It took about a minute laying on the ground laughing embarrasedly, with cars stopping to offer help before I could get back in the saddle again. LESSON LEARNED...always unclip both feet because you never know which way you'll fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your bike adventure, it sounds really fun, good luck with those clips