Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Feast or Famine

Michaela, Andrea and Steen "pose" for the Thanksgiving feast. Really, it was just a pose. Michaela couldn't even hold her head up because she was so sick. She took the picture and went back to laying down. Here are all the "sickies" laying down in their living room cots. Michaela had been sick for days, Steven was getting over being sick and Andrea was just beginning her turn. Michaela was too sick to even eat a popsicle. Her fever was 105 at one point.
We were supposed to have dinner with the family, but with our sickness...we we're banished! ;-) We decided to attempt our own thanksgiving feast and I(Alison) made my very first turkey. Of course, Steven made his rolls.


This is how much food we had before the feast....and after. None of us could eat very much!
After a couple of hours of sponge baths to try and keep Michaela's temperature down the medicine finally kicked in. Her fever temporarily subsided and she got up around 8:30pm for her Thanksgiving famine...a few bites of jello salad and a roll were all she felt up to. It will definitely be a memorable Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Freddy and Mandy said...

Awww...sweetie! I'm so sorry you had a sick Thanksgiving! Eating the food is the best part! I hope everyone is feeling better!

Reese Dixon said...

Poor kids! I still remember that time when Michaela was a baby and got all the boys sick but they refused to believe something so small could get them SO sick.

How'd your turkey turn out? I've got a fantastic recipe if you want.

Hope you've all recovered!

Jessica said...

Hey Allison! I'm so glad for the blogosphere so I can track you down! I lost my address book and I want to get Christmas cards out. My email is jessicarrot@hotmail.com and I'm blogging at www.jessicarrot.com!

Jessica said...

BTW--sorry about the sick Thanksgiving! That must have been the pits. I can't believe how big the kids are getting!!!