Tuesday, September 23, 2008

All stitched up!



Poor little Steen has had quite the day! Thank goodness they are so resilient at this age! At about 5am Steven woke me up to let me know that Steen was throwing up. Poor Steen...his little tummy was just freaking out. After a few hours, he must have completely recovered because he climbed into the fridge (probably being extremely hungry) and attempted to get the eggs out. Then, while I was cleaning that up (that was a fun mess to clean) he climbed on the counter and ate a cookie. He seemed fine so I figured it must be OK to give him so crackers and soda since he seemed to be back to his normal self. A few hours later he was in the shower and tripped as he was getting out and sliced open his chin. We raced off to the doctor and Steen got 5 stiches. He was sooo good about the whole thing. By the time we had gotten to the doctors, he wasn't even crying, but just kept saying, "It hurts." He did cry when he got the shots, but other than that, he was fine. When he did cry, I said, "Should we go home and get a treat?" He stopped crying right away and said, "treat!" He was so excited to have a treat of "crackers". What a cute kid!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor poor poor Steen!

And you're SO right. He is a GREAT kid.

Cynthia said...

Oh wow! Poor Steen. That's your first kids with stitches, uh? Reading the story I thought he was going to get hurt falling off the fridge, not in the shower. It is amazing how many times kids don't get hurt with all the risks they take.

Alison said...

This was our first "stiches" episode with any of the kids.

hillary said...

Poor Steen! He had quite the day! In fact I thought of your day with Steen as I was cleaning eggs up off my floor yesterday morning (courtesy of Jack who "hatched" them). I saw you singing tonight!!! It was totally awesome seeing someone I know! You looked really great too! If they said what the choir was I didn't catch it - was it your stake or something? Oh, & your new blog background is really cute!

Lori said...

Glad Steen is feeling better. Welcome to the world of boys and injuries!