Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Left with a violin and a Hymnbook

Have you read your Ensign this month? The January Ensign published by the LDS church has an article in it written by my mom. It tells of a family experience we had when I was about 16 years old. It is entitled Left with a Violin and Hymnbook and I am the girl on the violin!
Here is a link to the e-version...but if you have a hard copy, it is on page 58.

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=a6246a008952b010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0

Click on the link and then click on Left With a Violin and a Hymnbook

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey Alison! awesome story, and how neat to have it in the ensign!

Cynthia said...

When I told my RS sisters about the story, one of the sisters asked if I was the one playing the violin, and I had to sadly say "no".

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting me plagiarize..i wanted to post this but haven't had time to post anything, so when i saw yours, i thought it sounded perfect. Imitation is the best form of flattery, right! :)

Sara Liechty said...

I read it right away and forgot to comment about how awesome that was! I actually remember that story from growing up! How long did it take for her to get that published? When did your mom send it to the church?What an awesome and inspirational story about how beautiful the hymns of the church really are!

Alison said...

I think my mom sent it to the church almost two years ago. They take a long time to publish articles and I think they cut it down as well. We were very excited it got published and I thought the art work they put with it was great...although the girl on the violin doesn't exactly resemble me! ;-)

Lori said...

I loved that story when I read it last week. How inspirational that it was you! It was fun to see you today.