Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ten Year Anniversary Trip to Cozumel, Mexico Part 1

Ten Years ago, Steven and I made a list of all the fun dates we wanted to go on....and Cozumel, Mexico was on our list! For our ten year anniversary, we got our passports and went and spent a week there...with out the kids! It was an AMAZING vacation and I would recommend it to ALL. I think when our kids are all swimming age, we'll have to go back as a family!

We stayed at the Cozumeleno Hotel which was an all inclusive resort with amazing snorkeling right on their beach!


This was the view from our front door...it overlooked a golf course.
This was the view off our balcony. We were literally right on the Caribbean and the view was spectacular.
Our first night there...eating in the restaurant, sipping our pina coladas. Yum! The food was pretty good! They waited on you hand and foot and you could pretty much order what ever you wanted or get food from the buffet. There was food ready to eat any time of day! My favorite was they would make up fresh omelettes and smoothies for breakfast anyway you liked it! The fish was sooo fresh, I actually loved it, even though I'm not a fish person. Steven's favorite food night was the Spain night...he served his mission there and has been wanting me to try a rice dish called Paella...I have now tried it!
Paella with big shrimp and muscles in it. I think it had octopus and other things as well.


Steven's plate loaded with all his Spanish favorites! Steven had so much fun talking to the waiters in spanish...we both tried to speak Spanish whenever we could. We even went to church on Sunday and it was all in spanish. I was surprised at how much I still understand and we both even made comments in sunday school...yes, in spanish!!!They had entertainment each night...our favorite was Mexican night. They had a whole fiesta with amazing dancers and a mariachi band. I didn't post the picture but they had guys dancing blind folded with machetes...that was pretty amazing! The girls also danced with beer bottles on their heads, and I know they were full because at the end, one of them dropped one and it spilled everywhere.




Steven and I took a bike tour through our hotel down to the marina.
The best part was the snorkeling just right on the beach. I am throwing bread to the fish and they are swimming up to me in hordes!
Steven snorkeling with the fish. Our disposable underwater camera doesn't reflect how blue and clear the water was.
The trip was amazing! And best of all, Steven and I got a whole week of alone time! Grandma stayed with the kids and they had a blast. Keep scrolling down for part 2 of our trip including our expeditions to Chichen Itza and more....

6 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. That water hole looks amazing. I'm not sure I would want to climb down to swim, but it looks like a beauctiful spot. I'm glad you had such a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Ten Years! You guys are amazing! What a great way to celebrate! The trip looked amazing!

Freddy and Mandy said...

How fun! Freddy and I will have to start planning and saving for our 10 year. We've got 3 good years to do that! Looks like a good option!

Bart and Em said...

Wahoo...I found your blog again:) Your trip looks like it was amazing! I am glad that you guys had so much fun!

Cynthia said...

That is so fun!! I can't believe you both commented in sunday school in spanish- good for you. This makes me so excited for steve and my ten year. I told Steve it had to be warm and involve lots of food! We are either doing a carribean cruise or all inclusive resort. Cozumel will definitely be on my list!!

Wendy and Spencer said...

Thanks for looking us up! How fun you got to go to Mexico!!! I'm so impressed with your Spanish ability. You inspired me to want to get out with just the 2 of us to do something fun. Looks refreshing!