Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TAGGED!

OK...I got tagged by my friend Jennifer and this was actually kind of hard for me...but here goes.

I am. . .wife, mother, teacher. I am the precious adornment worn around the neck of my ancestors. I am a daughter of God.

I think. . . I forget the above sometimes.

I know. . . I don’t want to forget the above.

I want. . . to have my car and/or kitchen floor stay clean for longer than 10 minutes.

I have. . . many blessings!

I miss. . . my dad.

I fear. . . I am going to fail at motherhood and my children will have to suffer the consequences.

I hear. . . my washer and the news in the background. No children…they are asleep…aaaahhhh!

I smell . . .nothing…maybe I’m getting a cold.

I crave . . . chocolate, cinnamon rolls, sweets of all kinds.

I cry . . . sometimes when I’m stressed.

I search. . . for lost keys, lost cell phone, lost shoes. The first two are usually taken by my 1 yr. old son and found in his pocket, the last ones are usually taken by one of my girls and left randomly around the house.

I wonder. . .what I should write here.

I regret. . . if I say something mean.

I wish. . . the world was at peace.

I love. . . my husband, my kids, my mom and sisters, my family, teaching piano, where I live.

I care. . . what people think sometimes more than I should.

I always. . . check my email.

I worry. . . when my son escapes out of the house and I can’t find him in less than two minutes.

I am not. . . a pet lover.

I remember. . . faces even if I don’t remember names.

I believe. . . Yes!

I sing. . . sometimes in choirs, with my kids, to my piano students.

I don't always. . . floss.

I argue. . . more than I wish I did.

I write. . . sometimes on my blog…even less in my journal and scrapbooking.

I win. . . games whenever I can…I’m competitive.

I lose. . . my patience more than I want to.

I listen. . . to my children's violin and piano practice CD's all day long! (That's dedication!)

I don't understand. . .why we can’t choose brand new candidates for the president of the United States.

I can usually be found. . . on the computer, helping my kids with homework or practicing, teaching.

I need. . . to figure out a costume for Halloween.

I forget. . . when it is not written on my calendar.

I am happy. . . when my kids are happy and getting along.

I tag: Sara Liechty and Cynthia and anyone else who wants to do this!

7 comments:

Michelle Perry said...

I loved reading this post. If I can find 30 minutes of peace I may tag myself, it would be nice to reflect and think.

Sara Liechty said...

I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for tagging me. It may take a little lime to reflect!

Cynthia said...

Yeah, this is a hard tag because it takes a lot of reflection and I can't just copy your answers (which I would like to because they were really good and similar to how I feel.)

Alison said...

Wow! Thanks...I felt a little vulnerable posting this...so thanks for the validation. I can't wait to see what you guys post.

Rachel said...

Very cool post. And I totally agree on the whole presidential candidate thing. BIG time.

Helen said...

No, sweetie, you could only fail by completely giving up and not trying. As long as you are trying, and learning, and growing, and loving, you cannot fail! I know that in my heart! One little thing I have learned along the way, is that if I can think of myself as a "bad mother" for doing a few bad things, then it is equally realistic to think of myself as a "good mother" for doing a few good things each day. Write down the good things if you need to. :)

Love ya,
Helen

Jen and her men said...

I have to admit, this was a hard tag. But I appreciated the chance to reflect on who I am. AND I'm grateful for good friends in my life. I enjoyed reading yours even if you're going to stop reading my blog now! :)