Friday, May 29, 2009

End of the Year Craziness - The Piano Recital

To add to all the end of the year craziness, Michaela and Andrea both played in a piano recital AND a violin recital although we forgot to capture the latter on film. If piano recitals aren't crazy enough, try rearranging your entire house and having 15-20 students come perform at your house...and getting them ready, etc. They all did great! Michaela is pictured above taking her bow.Andrea is announcing her piece.



Afterwards, all my students surprised me with individualized thank you notes, some beautiful flowers and a some necklace and earrings. It was very thoughtful of them. I took a picture holding my flowers with some of the moms, but all the kids were off running around and enjoying their refreshments, so no pics of them. One of the funniest thank you notes said, "Thank you for teaching me piano. I love coming to piano lessons but I Despise practicing!" LOL!





4 comments:

Cynthia said...

You have been busy!!
That basket of individualized thank yous is perfect for you- since your love language is words of appreciation.

Cyclewest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Gotta love those piano recitals! It was fun to see you on Memorial Day.

Linda said...

The recital was really nice. You will cherish the thank you notes. Iused to despise practicing, but their are times i don't want to. I understand where she is coming from.