Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kindy500


Andrea's kindergarten started a new tradition this year...the kindy 500 . Each kindergartener had to build an applebox car and bring it to school for a parade and program. There were some amazing, amazing cars!!!! I can't believe how hard these kindergarteners (aka. parents) worked! The kids had a blast and after the parade they went to 8 different patriotic stations where they learned about the statue of liberty, mount rushmore, liberty bell, the flag, etc.


Here is a short video of a few of the cars. Andrea is 3rd from front. One of my favorites was the flinstones car!
Also notice the real headlights reflecting off the back of Andrea's car.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow! Very cute, but I am glad I (I mean my kindergartener) didn't have to make one!

Anonymous said...

that is cool, lots of work for the parents, but cool. hope the kids had a good time

Jessica said...

those were so cool! Andrea's car looked a little heavy for her! Such a cutie!

Linda said...

I love your car Andrea! Sounds like it was a very fun day!

I also enjoyed all the previous pictures--you & Michaela look really cute in your costumes. And four great reasons for being a mother!--I hope Elise starts sleeping through the night soon.
(I had trouble moving from the first comment section. so put the rest here:)

hillary said...

I'm blown away by those cars! How fun!!!