Monday, July 7, 2008

The girl's room...




When we moved into our home, we painted the girls walls green to match their bedding. Finally 18 months later, I got some curtains put together that coordinated. And finally today, only another 18 months after that (yes...we just hit our 3 year anniversary in the house), I painted the flower stripe on the wall that I meant to do from the beginning.
I think I like how it turned out and the girls are ecstatic. What I'm not sure about is whether I should continue the stripe around the whole room. Is it worth the effort since it might be another 18 months before I get around to it?

9 comments:

Sara Liechty said...

It looks way cute!

Cynthia said...

Very cute! Personally, I think one wall is sufficient and gives it the most pop.

hillary said...

That's SO cute! Did you paint all the flowers by hand? Also, are your bedskirts from pbk or did you find the somewhere else? I need one for Callie's bed.

Freddy and Mandy said...

That makes me feel better! I still have boxes in the garage to unload! Pretty green! Love the look of it!

Alison said...

Hillary,
I did paint the flowers by hand. I photocopied the bedding and enlarged it so it was exactly the size I wanted on the wall and then I just painted each one with a picture next to it so I could see what it was supposed to look like. The bed skirt I actually got from bed bath and beyond with my 20% off for WAY cheaper than PBK. (The bedding is PBK.)

Linda said...

When you told me about it, I thought it would be nice on the two side walls, but after seeing the pictures, I agree with Cynthia. Mom:)

Linda said...

When you told me about it, I thought it would be nice on the two side walls, but after seeing the pictures, I agree with Cynthia. Mom:)

Rachel said...

Wow, go Martha Stewart! Tres impressive!

I think one wall totally works.

Jen and her men said...

Looks cute! Tough call on the stripe. Think I'll have to see it in person... :)